IMPORTANT STORM MESSAGE:
We are preparing for a major winter storm in our service territory. We are reminding all of our customers to remember to clear all snow away from your generators.
Our storm restoration plan has been activated, and our crews are on stand-by to respond should outages occur.
If you experience an outage, please report it to JCPL at 888-544-4877 (888-LIGHTSS) or on their website at http://bit.ly/1H0yme9.
We recommend following these tips from JCPL to be prepared for outages before they happen:
- Light. Keep a flashlight and extra batteries handy. Use care when burning candles; open flames are a dangerous fire hazard.
- Warmth. Have extra blankets or a sleeping bag for each person. Do not use gas stoves, grills or other open-flame appliances as a heat source. They could cause deadly carbon monoxide gas could build up in your home.
- Water. If you have a water well and pump, keep an emergency supply of bottled water.
- Food. If your home has an electric range, stock an emergency supply of convenience foods that do not require cooking.
- News and information. Keep a battery-powered radio with extra batteries on hand. You can:
- view current outages on our 24/7 Power Center outage maps on a smartphone,
- follow us on social media for updates during significant storms,
- or get updates on outages you reported via text message or email –learn more about this service here.
- Means of communication. While a cell phone will work as long as its battery is charged and the nearest cell tower has power or backup power, many cordless land-line telephones require a plug-in power source to operate, and may not work if a power outage occurs. You may want to keep a plain, hard-wired telephone handy to report your power outage (888-544-4877) or to call for help in an emergency. These phones operate on power delivered through the phone line.
If your generator fails to start, call us at Corbin Electrical Services for 24 hour service at 732-536-0444.
Enjoy the snow and remember Safety First!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.