Having a home generator for your household can do more than just provide light while your neighborhood loses power. Corbin Electrical Services, Inc. is qualified to help you choose the right home generator that will get the job done.
Backup Generator for Home
Home generators are connected directly to your gas or electric fuel source. They can power a house for days after a power outage. Installed residential generators also last longer than portable generators and are more convenient, safer, and easier to operate. Aside from providing lighting during a power outage, here’s a look at what a generator can do for your home.
- Keeps You and The Family Warm: Having a generator installed in your home will keep your HVAC unit running, especially important if you have young children or live with an elderly family member.
- The Sump Pump Will Keep Going: If a sump pump operates your home’s plumbing, losing power is the last thing that you need. A standby generator will kick on automatically and continue to fuel electricity to your drainage system.
- Protects the Home When Power Returns: Once main power returns to the home, a residential generator protects residents from any dangerous voltage fluctuations and surges.
- Food Stays Fresh—Longer: A stocked refrigerator or freezer spoiling can potentially cost a fortune. Also, any medication that needs refrigeration will be on-hand in an emergency situation.
- Protection for Medical Equipment: If anyone in your home requires a power source for medical equipment, a standby generator can keep everything running smoothly.
Generator Installation & Maintenance
When it comes to installing your residential generator, the best course of action is to ensure the professional installation of your generator due to the complexity of installation. There are a lot of moving parts, and you may miss something that someone with a trained eye would catch. Also, installing a residential generator requires hooking it up to your fuel source, either natural gas or liquid propane; an improper connection could spring a gas leak or shut down your fuel supply. Our team of generator installers will obtain any necessary permits, determine if you need to use a concrete slab for placement, and check to see if you will need wiring to be routed underground from the home to the unit.
After installation, be sure to have routine maintenance done to your home generator. This will keep the generator in optimum condition while ensuring necessary repairs are made before harsher seasons.
Peace of Mind with Corbin Electrical Services, Inc.
Our team at Corbin Electrical Services, Inc. understands that home is where the heart is. That’s why we’re committed to keeping your family warm, safe, and well functioning. We have the industry experience and expertise from working across a variety of homes requiring many different needs. For more information on our residential generator services and installation process, give us a call. One of our technicians can schedule a time to assess your property and make an estimate for installation.
Corbin Electrical Services, Inc. is Home Depot’s Authorized Service Provider for Generators.